December 22, 2010

ELF Cosmetics!

Many people either hate or love ELF cosmetics and for those who are skeptical always question the price vs. quality. It's true, the packaging is not the greatest, but the quality of some of their products are just truly remarkable for the price they retail their products for. That alone, for me justifies the price for these products. Over the past 2 years now I've collected a massive amount of ELF cosmetics, because.. duh, it's so affordable that you can actually have duplicates and get a variety of colors without feeling the burn in your wallet. I just wanted to share a couple products that I fully believe are worth the 1,2 or 5 dollars! By the way, I have never bought any of these products without one of their major sales going on. I always wait for the 50% Storewide, or at least 50% Studioline deals. The most recent major sale they had was 55% off everything, which is definitely amazing, and you pay nearly pennies for each products! Anyways, I wanted to share a couple items that working for me, and that I swear by!


Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15, 26 oz
Nice & Natural, Blissful Berry
- I've had these two balms for a month now, because they are faily new to the Studio Line. I find myself, using these balms regularly especially on days that I'm too lazy to reach for a lipstick or lipgloss, because this product.. no lie, is glossy and its as pigminted as a lipstick. The Nice & Natural is a nude color and definitely is true nude, I really need to apply this sparingly, just because its so pigmented that it actually looks like I put concealer on my lips, otherwise when applied sparingly its really pretty :) (I'm a big fan of nude lipsticks!). Blissful Berry is a nice berry shade, again, I need to apply sparingly because the color pay off is really rich and opaque.


High Definition Powder, 28 oz
Clear
- I had this product for more than 1 year now, and as with any HD powder you need to use it sparingly and a little goes a long way. I've tried the MUFE HD Poweder and I definitely believe that its very comparable. The product goes on translucent and is finely milled so that when it goes on your face, it literally disappears giving you a nice matte, and smooth finish to your foundation.


Flawless Finish Foundation, 0.8 fld oz
Caramel
- I actually received this last month, but I have been wearing it daily since. It really gives a nice dewy finish to the face with medium to full coverage, and with my long days out I rarely have time for touch ups, this lasts me for more than 12 hours, with having to blot once or twice during the day (I'm naturally oily).


Cream Blush, 53 oz
Seductress, Vixen, Heartbreaker
O.M.G. These blushes have made me forget about all my other powder and cream blushes. This product is a mouse consistency and is very pigmented. I apply it with the ELF stippling brush very sparingly. Most of the blushes I own.. MAC.. Too faced.. Benefit.. seem to disappear off my face towards mid-day, and I find that this product lasts me the whole full day of going out. I am definitely impressed!



Warm Bronzer, 0.4339 oz
Warm
This bronzer is definitely shimmery, in which I would never use as an actual bronzer. I mainly use this as a highlight and eyeshadow. The four colors individually are really pretty on their own and you can control the color of the highlight you want to apply on your face. I've also used this with a large powder brush and applied to to my body, it gives off a nice glow when applied lightly, of course :)


Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, 0.28 oz
Blushed/ bronzed
This is the very first product I have ever owned from ELF, because of the hype of comparing it to NARS' orgasm blush and laguna bronzer, but I really have to say that it is very comparable. The color pigmentation is great on this product, but the only thing I don't like about it is obvious.. the lasting power, but then again that goes with most blushes I own. Other than that, its a great product in that it has nice color pay off and its nicely compact for travel and accessibility.


Concealer Palette, 0.49 oz
Medium
- This is a nice concealer palette and definitely worth the price! Its creamly, buildable without looking cakey, and coverage is full. I like to use this on blemishes mostly and does the job quite well!


Mineral Eyeshadows
I have all of the shimmery colors :)
- I bought a few originally, then I realized that these pigments are actually awesome, so I bought all the shimmery colours. The colors are gorgeous and have nice pigmentation. I've had these for over a year, and I've used them alot, but of course, like every pigment, its nearly impossible to finish one of them!





* All the products mentioned in this blog post have been purchased by me :). I am not affiliated with Eyes Lips Face.

2 comments:

charlene-ann said...

I love Elf, and for the price its amazing! great review on some products. Ill be sure to check them out on my next order. =)

Traveliztera said...

I also like ELF! It's very affordable and they do have a wide range of stuff!