April 19, 2011

Review: Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear


 

I have been eyeing the new Lancome foundation since it came out in late winter, but I know that the "natural look" or more water based foundations aren't the greatest of oily skin. The lady helping me at the counter was talking up the fresh wear foundation.. and too be honest I'm a total sucker to advertisement claiming anything that will give me "no shine and long wear." I have been dealing with oily skin since the beginning of winter and I'm just so tired of the blotting and having my make-up literally slipping off my face towards the end of the day. While browsing the mall, I saw advertisements of Lancome's gift with purchase and it actually caught my eye that I didn't leave the counter. At this point, I really wanted to try the teint idole fresh wear foundation, a sweet lady helped me pick out my shade which is bisque 7N, and it blended in like a dream. I was skepical at first, because I wanted something lighter in weight on my face and thought that it wouldn`t provide decent coverage but it provided great coverage surprisingly and covered up those stubborn scars. I first fell in love with how smooth the formula was, and how easily it blends seamlessly into the skin, second the color is a great match for me, .. I always have such a hard time matching my skin tone, it also provided a nice matte but not lifeless looking finish to the skin .. it just looks natural, and lastly it provided awesome coverage on those stubborn blemishes and scars.. I was sold! And, because I spent over 40 dollars.. I got a free gift with purchase.. I really liked a lot of things in the gift. You got to choose your skin care, I got the preventative moisturizer, and then pick 5/9 things.. in which I chose, the eyeshadow quad, bi-facil make up remover, juicy tubes in miracle, lipstick in wannabe, and hypnose drama in blackest black.

When applying this foundation, I found that if I didn't set it with a setting powder.. which is amazing! I have really sensitive skin and I haven`t reacted negatively to this foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing this foundation throughout the summer.. :)


I`m wearing bisque 7N in this photo. I love the coverage it provides as well as it gives a nice natural looking finish to the skin :)














Haha, I`m wearing all the products from the gift. My favourites would have to be the eyeshadow quad.. the colors are so pretty! The lipstick in Wannabe, its so vibrant but wearable :)

No comments: