March 20, 2011

Review: The Body Shop's Tea Tree skin care



First off I would just like to put it out there that I have been using these products for several months now. Since winter had started my skin has been so sensitive and acne prone, everything and anything triggered my acne. This was the second skin care line I tried at TBS, and just fell in love. I'll through in detail about each of the four products that I love from this line.

The "Skin clearing lotion" is a facial moisturizer. It retails for about 13 dollars, and only comes in 50 ml size. This product is a gel consistency and is very light and absorbs fast into the skin. I have combination/ oily skin, and so the shine control properties of this moisturizer is just amazing. It provides a matte canvas prior to applying makeup.

The "Tea Tree skin clearing toner". This product retails for around 15 dollars, and comes in 250 ml size. This is definitely a holy grail for me! One thing that you definitely have to do prior to application is shake the hell out of this product, because the tamanu oil separates from the rest of the product. This oil does not clog your pores but helps in preventing and getting rid of acne. I have not gone through a day without toning my face with this, its absolutely amazing stuff! It claims to get rid of the impurities left on your face after already washing your face, because lets just face it, nothing is ever 100% clean. With this product, my skin feels so clean and I feel confident that my pores are clean, because you've gotten rid of the left over residue's from either your makeup remover or your skin cleanser or even the towel you used to wipe your face after with.. all this can lead to breakouts, well for me anyways. Using this has helped me decrease the chances of breakouts and has dramatically decrease the amount of acne on my face.

The "Tea Tree Oil". The product is around 10 dollars, and comes in 10 ml amount. This product is a concentrated tea tree oil and is indicated for spot treatments. I've used it on those whomping big ones that you wake up with, or after you've had a long day and your makeup and the dirt accumulated throughout the day has already irritated your skin down to your pores and end up with blemishes. I spot treat with this, and let it sit on my skin for a couple minutes then go on with my skin care routine. It decreases the size of the acne spots and also decreases the redness from the blemishes.

The "Tea Tree Night cream". Only comes in 30 ml and is around 20 dollars. I have to say this is another one of my holy grail products! One of its claims are to diminish acne scarring, and within the first 5 days of using this product it really did fade my acne scars. When my skin heals, it leaves a dark pigmented scar afterwards, this product has definitely helped with reducing the size and darkness of the left behind scars. Also with continuous use of this product, my healing acne doesn't leave behind dark spots anymore :)

I truly love these products and would recommend them to anyone who has oily/ combination skin/ sensitive skin/ and especially blemished skin :)

No comments: